Here is the first part of the top 10 things to do in Singapore. Just in case you ever visit! Never say never! hehe.
10. Visit the Merlion park. The merlion is the mascot of Singapore and is a mythical creature that is half lion/ half fish. The fish body represents Singapore's origin as a little fishing village (it has come a long way since that time) and the lion represents the original name of Singapore, Singapura which means lion city. I love walking to the merlion park and just sitting on the stone steps and watching the tourist boats go by. It is a great place for people watching as well.
9. Experience the Singapore Flyer. It is a bit like the London Eye and you get stunning, panoramic views of the city and Marina Bay. There are also some lovely restaurants which are worth visiting.
8. Go to Chinatown. No trip to Singapore is complete without a wonderful trip to Chinatown. The sights, the sounds, the smells........ A visit to Chinatown is always a must for me even if I don't actually buy anything!
7. Shop til you drop on Orchard Road. Or just window shop. Whatever takes your fancy! If you love brand name clothing then this place will be your haven. Personally I think prices are more expensive than in the UK but one can enjoy just looking at all the designer goodies on display. Don't expect to be able to fit into any of the clothes either....... unless you are size 0 or minus 2!!!
6. Have a drink at Clarke Quay. I really love this place at night. It is perfect for enjoying that Singapore sling (or in my case non alcoholic apple juice). I also recommend taking a trip on one of the river taxis. It will be worth it.
Ok folks check back next time for the top 5 things to do in Singapore! :-)